Patch 0.217.38 (Public Test)
Posted on December 13th, 2023 03:29 AM EST
This update is for the Public Test branch of Valheim, and may therefore be unstable. Before we launch this update to the Default version of the game, we want to make sure to have a chance to discover bugs and adjust the balancing, to give you the best game experience possible.
Access the Public Test branch by right clicking Valheim in your Steam library, and then select ‘Properties’. In the new window, select ‘Betas’ and type in the code “yesimadebackups”. The Public Test branch should now be available for you to choose from.
Please leave any feedback you may have in the appropriate channel in our Discord, or in the appropriate forum on our website.
As always, remember to be considerate towards players not partaking in the Public Test, in case they want to avoid spoilers.
As the password indicates, please make sure to make backups of your save files before playing.
This patch features some further fixes and tweaks, but hopefully it should be ready to be moved to the live branch soon!
* Fixed bug where all mouse input was reset to "Mouse Back".
* Added fix for IME-input not working for first chat message.
* Fixed bug where the player can't reset keybindings if left mouse is set to switch tabs in settings
* Fixed overlapping graphic texts in settings
* Localization updated
* Removed render scale from all graphic presets
* Reset render scale for users on Xbox that have altered the render scale was done because the render scale is now disabled on Xbox
* Fixed issue where input wasn't validated properly on Xbox when using Keyboard/mouse input