Patch 0.217.13 (Public Test)
Posted on August 16th, 2023 08:00 AM EST
This update is for the Public Test version of Valheim, and may therefore be unstable. Before we launch this update to the Default version of the game, we want to make sure to have a chance to discover bugs and adjust the balancing, to give you the best game experience possible.
Access the Public Test branch on Steam by right clicking Valheim in your Steam library, and then select ’Properties’. In the new window, select ’Betas’ and type in the code “yesimadebackups”. The Public Test branch should now be available for you to choose from.
To access with Microsoft / PC Game Pass, launch the Xbox Insider Hub app. Navigate to ’Previews’, and then find ’Valheim Public Test’. Select ’Join’. Wait for the registration to be complete to be directed to the Store and then install ’Valheim Public Test’.
Be aware that there might be some minor offsets between the PC and console versions, but that we are aiming to keep the two as consistent as possible.
Please leave any feedback you may have in the appropriate channel in our Discord, or in the subforum on Steam.
As always, remember to be considerate towards players not partaking in the Public Test, in case they want to avoid spoilers.
Please make sure to make backups of your save files before playing.
Yes, we know we've said before that we hoped the last patch was going to be the final one before we release Hildir's Request to the default branch, but third time's the charm, right? If all things go well, we shouldn't need to make any further fixes after this in order to release it properly.
After the last PTB patch a lot of you were upset that we did some changes to the newly added quick-stack function. In this patch, you'll find that it has been altered to once again be done with a single button press, but the inventory will automatically open up (and then close again) so that you can still see what you're actually doing with your inventory. Hopefully this is a change that will make most of you happy!
Fixes & Improvements:
* “Quick stack all” hotkey added again by holding the use key when opening chests (The chest will now open so you can see what is being moved, and then close if you keep holding the key)
* Increased the chance of starred Fulings to spawn inside Sealed Tower
* Fixed the R-stick shortcut for the Stack All button while you are browsing the player inventory
* Fixed an issue where the error “can’t add component to Terrain” was filling the player.log
* Precision placement of buildpieces changed to only show when holding ctrl
* Fix exception thrown when compressing modifier data of world with unmodified preset set